The 3 DC (double crochet) shell stitch is a versatile and visually striking crochet technique that can elevate your projects to new levels of beauty and texture.
Step By Step
- Identify the space to create a 3 DC shell, you’ll need to locate the designated space. This can be an empty space or a specific stitch indicated in your pattern.
- Yarn over and insert the hook into the designated space. This is usually between stitches or into a chain space.
- Yarn over once more and pull the yarn through the space. You should have three loops on your hook.
- Yarn over and pull through the first two loops on your hook, leaving two loops remaining. Yarn over and pull through the remaining two loops.
- Repeat double crochet stitch two more times (steps 2-4) in the same space.
Check out this video showing 3 dc shell stitch into space between dc.
Notation In Crochet Diagrams
In this article I use US notation.
In diagram this stitch looks like this:
Congratulations! You’ve learned how to crochet the 3 DC shell stitch into a space. This beautiful technique can add depth, texture, and visual interest to your crochet projects. Experiment with different color combinations, yarn weights, and stitch patterns to create unique and eye-catching designs.
Pastaba: Šiame puslapyje yra partnerių nuorodų. Tai reiškia, kad už pirkinius galiu gauti nedidelį komisinį mokestį, be jokių papildomų mokesčių Jums.