Terms and conditions
1. General Provisions
- These Rules of Purchase and Sale of Goods (hereinafter the “Rules”) are a binding legal document, which establishes the rights and obligations of the Buyer (the person purchasing the goods in the e-shop lelijo.lt) and the Seller (MB Girios kodas, code 305936337), the conditions of acquisition and payment for the goods, the procedure of delivery and return of the goods, the liability of the parties and other provisions related to the purchase and sale of the goods in the e-shop lelijo.lt (hereinafter the “Shop”).
- The Seller reserves the right to change, amend or correct the Rules at any time, taking into account the requirements established by the law. When buying in the Shop, the Buyer is subject to the Rules in force at the time of placing the order.By placing an order, the Buyer confirms that he agrees with these Rules.
- By placing an order, the Buyer confirms that he agrees with these Rules.
- The Agreement between the Buyer and the Seller is considered concluded from the moment when the Buyer has formed a shopping cart in the Shop, indicated the delivery address, selected the payment method and read the Rules, marked that he agrees with the Rules, presses the “Place order” button (or “PayPal” button if PayPal payment method selected).
2. Personal Data Protection
- When ordering goods in the Shop, the Buyer must provide the data requested at the time of purchase: name, surname, address, telephone and e-mail address.
- The Buyer is responsible for providing correct data at the time of purchase.
- By placing an order, the Buyer agrees that the personal data provided by him will be processed for the purposes of order execution. The Buyer also agrees that the e-mail specified by the Buyer, will be used for sending necessary messages during processing of the order.
- The Seller undertakes not to disclose the Buyer’s personal data to third parties, except when required by a State institution in cases provided by the laws of the Republic of Lithuania or with a separate written consent of the Buyer.
- By registering in the Shop and ordering goods, the Buyer undertakes to store and not disclose login details to anyone. The Seller does not assume any responsibility in this regard if the Buyer discloses his login details.
3. Buyer’s Rights and Obligations
- The Buyer undertakes to pay the Seller the agreed amount for the ordered goods and to accept delivered goods.
- Provide full, complete and correct information on the Checkout form. If the Buyer provides inaccurate, false or misleading data in the Checkout form, the Shop has the right to cancel the Buyer’s registration and delete the data.
- In the event of a change in the Buyer’s data provided in the Checkout form, the Buyer must immediately inform the Seller.
- The Buyer has the right to withdraw from the contract of sale of goods in accordance with the provisions set out in the article 8. Return and exchange of goods.
- By placing an order in the Shop, the Buyer agrees with these Rules and undertakes to comply with them and the established legal acts of the Republic of Lithuania.
4. Seller’s Rights and Obligations
- The Seller undertakes to create all conditions for the Buyer to properly use the services provided by the Shop.
- The Seller undertakes to respect the Buyer’s right to privacy of the personal data belonging to the Buyer specified in the Checkout form and not to transfer it to third parties.
- The Seller undertakes to deliver the goods ordered by the Buyer to the address specified by the Buyer.
- In case of significant circumstances, the Seller may temporarily or permanently terminate the activities of the Shop without notifying the Buyer in advance.
5. Ordering Goods, Prices, Payment Procedure, Terms
- In the Shop, the Buyer can buy online 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
- All prices of goods in the e-shop are indicated in euros, including all taxes.
- The Buyer undertakes to pay for the order within 1 (one) calendar day from the date of placing the order. The confirmation of order sent (by email) to the Buyer and preparation of the parcel starts only after receiving the payment for the goods.
- If the Buyer fails to make the payment within 1 (one) calendar day, the order is canceled.
- The ordered goods will be shipped by the Seller within 1-3 working days after receiving the payment.
- If the Seller is unable to deliver at least one of the ordered goods in the shopping cart or a sufficient quantity, the Seller shall contact the Buyer with a suggestion to: (1) continue order fulfillment by removing only the item that the Seller cannot deliver, (2) cancel the order (in this case, the Seller undertakes to return the money paid to the Buyer no later than within 7 (seven) business days).
- The Buyer can cancel the order after payment for goods by issuing request to the Seller by the means of communication specified in the contact section (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile: +370 652 11036). Cancellation can be done only if the goods are not shipped yet. The Seller will inform the Buyer if cancellation can be performed. If cancellation is successful, then the Seller undertakes to return the money paid to the Buyer no later than within 7 (seven) business days.
- The Shop reserves the right to change the offer of goods at any time.
- The prices of specific goods shall be expressed in euros and shall be indicated next to the description of each good. The Shop undertakes to sell the goods at the prices valid at the time of the order and confirmed by the order.
- The price of the goods does not include the delivery fee. The buyer chooses the delivery method that suits him.
- Payment can be done using Internet banking, Bank transfer, Bank card or PayPal.
6. Delivery of Goods
- The buyer undertakes to indicate the exact place of delivery of the goods.
- The buyer undertakes to accept the goods himself. In case the Buyer cannot accept the goods himself and the goods are delivered to the specified address, the Buyer has no right to make claims to the Seller regarding the delivery of the goods to the wrong entity.
- In all cases, the Seller is released from liability for non-compliance with the terms of delivery of goods, if the goods are not delivered to the Buyer or are not delivered on time due to the fault of the Buyer or due to circumstances beyond the Seller’s control.
- The Buyer must immediately inform the Seller if the goods are received in a damaged package, if the consignment received unordered goods or their incorrect quantity, incomplete goods.
- The Buyer must provide the Seller with photos of the damaged parcel and / or product (s) by e-mail.
- The Seller provides following options for the delivery of goods: Omniva post terminals (Lithuania, price 3.5 Eur, free from 60 Eur, 1-2 working days); Lithuanian Post post office delivery (Lithuania, price 3.5 Eur, free from 60 Eur, 2-4 business days); Lithuanian Post delivery (Worldwide, price and duration depends on country).
7. Product Quality
- The details of each item sold in the Shop shall be indicated in the description of the each item.
- The Seller is not responsible for the fact that the description of the goods in the Shop may differ slightly in its color, shape or other parameters from the parameters of the actual goods due to the features and settings of the devices used by the Buyer.
8. Return and Exchange of Goods
- Deficiencies of sold goods are eliminated, quality goods are replaced / returned, low-quality goods are replaced and returned in accordance with the laws and legal acts of the Republic of Lithuania. In all cases, the money for the returned goods is transferred only to the Buyer’s bank account.
- In order to return quality product (s) in accordance with Article 8.1. the Buyer may do so within 14 (fourteen) days from the date of delivery of the goods to the Buyer, informing the Seller by the means of communication specified in the contact section (e-mail: email@example.com or mobile: +370 652 11036), indicating the name of the returned goods, order number and reasons for return. Address for returning of the goods: Elniu 27-90, Vilnius, LT-08101, Lithuania.
- When returning / exchanging goods, the following conditions must be observed:
- the returned goods must be in the original neat packaging;
- the goods must be undamaged by the Buyer;
- the product must be unused without losing its appearance;
- the returned product must be in the same configuration as the Buyer received it;
- when returning the goods, it is necessary to present the document of its purchase.
- The Seller has the right not to accept the goods returned by the Buyer if the Buyer does not comply with 8.3. the return procedures laid down in Article.
- Upon return of the wrong product and / or defective product, the Seller undertakes to take back such goods and replace them with similar suitable goods. The costs of sending while returning and replacing such goods shall be borne by the Seller.
- The Seller must return to the Buyer’s account the money paid for the goods refused by the Buyer no later than within 14 (fourteen) days from the day when he received the Buyer’s notice of withdrawal from the contract. The Seller may not refund the amounts paid by the Buyer until the goods have been returned to the Seller.
- When returning or exchanging quality goods, the Buyer shall not be reimbursed for the delivery costs paid to the Seller.
- When returning or exchanging quality goods, the costs of sending while returning the goods shall be borne by the Buyer.
9. Final Provisions
- These Rules of Purchase and Sale of Goods have been drawn up in accordance with the laws and legal acts of the Republic of Lithuania.
- The law of the Republic of Lithuania shall apply to these Rules. Any disagreement arising from the implementation of these Rules shall be settled by negotiation. If no agreement is reached, disagreements are resolved in accordance with the procedure established by the laws of the Republic of Lithuania.